Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Beef stew with beer???

Well the store is OPEN! Yeah I'm so excited and relieved to be back to business... But that doesn't mean the work is over.

I knew I'd be working a lot so I prepared us with some freezer meals including this recipe for stew...thank you Pinterest...something I found interesting was that the recipe includes beer. It can be made without but it really added some amazing flavor!

2-3 lbs beef chuck roast, cubed
2 T olive oil
2 T butter
2 cups celery  chopped
2 cups carrots chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
2 bay leaves
1 T parsley
1 cup dark beer
1 cup beef stock
1 can tomatoes
 2 t salt
1 t pepper
*next time I would add fresh mushrooms too
Place all ingredients in large freezer bag except beer and beef stock.  When ready, place stew mixture in crock pot, add beer and beef stock and cook on low for 4-6 hours.


Also passed this recipe to a good friend and she loved it too!
Take care -DCW

No comments:

Post a Comment