Saturday, May 12, 2012

Stuffed shells for dinner tonight....

WOW, the weather is amazing in Minnie right now... so I wanted to get a jump of dinner today so we could get out of a bike ride tonight! (I got a new bike for a early mothers day gift...I havent had a new one since middles school, yikes!)

I got this recipe from my friend Angie.... I remember making it in college together... I think I change it alittle everytime I make it, but its a fool proof meal!!

Stuffed Shells:
1 box of Jumbo shells
1 egg
2 cloves of garlic or 1/2 tbs minced
1 red, yellow or orange pepper
1/2 med onion (I used yellow)
1-2 jars of marinara sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 15oz cont. of ricotta cheese
1 lb beef  (optional)

-Cook shells per pkg directions
-mix can tom, marinara sauce, chopped onions and pepper.
-mix ricotta cheese, garlic, egg and 1/2 cup moz cheese. Stuff shells with mixture.

*Cover glass baking pan bottom with thin layer of sauce. Then shells, meat, sauce etc. Top with rest of moz cheese and cover with tin foil.

Bake @ 325 with 1 hour, then take foil off and cook till cheese is brown. Take out... cool & enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment