Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Summer Summer Time

WOW... its been 100+ in Minnie this week! I can't really complain I love all kinds of weather! Either way I'm still cooking and I thought I would share some summer salad & salsa recipes. I posted this salsa recipe before and I'm totally obsessed with it!

Summer Salsa
2 lg tomatoes, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 can corn or about 2 cups fresh
1 can blk beans
1/2 cup chopped yellow or purple onion (I use 1/4 cup)
Cilantro chopped to taste
1 Tbls olive oil
1/2 squeezed lemon or lime
Dash with sea salt & red pepper
*Chop all ingredients and mix in bowl. Chill over night and enjoy!

Homemade Co-slaw
4-6 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup celery chopped
1/2 cup miracle whip
2 tbls mustard
2 tbls apple cider vinegar
*mix together and chill over night.

Tuna Salad
1 lrg can or pkg of tuna
1/2 cup miracle whip or mayo
2-3 cups elbow pasta
1/4 onion chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 cup peas
Dash with Lemon pepper
Cook pasta per pkg, rinse with cold water. Mix all other ingredients in medium bowl. Finally combine pasta and mixture in bowl and chill. Top with Lemon pepper and lemon slices for garnish.
Keep on Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment