I'm not sure if Ive shared this with all of you but... I LOVE the View!! :)
The show cracks me up, in a weird way informs be of news and almost every show has something interesting to learn about. Now I know a lot of people see it as nothing more than 5 woman yelling over each other (The Hubby included). But seriously Ive watched it since college and almost never miss a day! With that said.... the show features a mug a couple times a year that they use on the show & you can buy! Please don't judge me..... but I just bought one! haha And here it is......
So what goes with the perfect mug?? Breakfast..... here are 2 recipes for a Good Morning:
Pecan Sticky Rolls
3/4 cup warm skim milk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup egg substitute
3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
18 ounces all-purpose flour (about 4 cups), divided
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons hot water
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. To prepare dough, combine the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir yeast mixture into milk mixture. Add egg substitute and 3 tablespoons melted butter; stir until well combined.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 16.8 ounces (about 3 3/4 cups) flour to yeast mixture; stir until smooth. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel slightly soft and tacky).
4. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray; turn to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes. Punch dough down and turn over in bowl; lightly coat with cooking spray. Cover and let rise another 45 minutes. Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
5. To prepare sauce, combine brown sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, and 2 tablespoons hot water in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Scrape sugar mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking pan coated with cooking spray, spreading evenly over bottom of pan with a spatula. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly with pecans, and set aside.
6. To prepare filling, combine 2/3 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; pat dough into a 16 x 12–inch rectangle. Brush surface of dough with 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Beginning with a long side, roll up dough jelly-roll fashion; pinch seam to seal (do not seal ends of roll). Cut roll into 15 slices (approximately 1 inch wide). Arrange slices, cut sides up, in prepared pan. Lightly coat rolls with cooking spray; cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
7. Preheat oven to 350°.
8. Uncover rolls, and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute; carefully invert onto serving platter.
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup Irish Whiskey, divided
1/4 cup sugar, divided
4 cups strong coffee, divided
Place 1/4 cup whipping cream in a med. bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Heat 6 mugs by running under very hot water. Pour about tsp whiskey into each glass. Add 2 teaspoon sugar to each, add 2/3 cups coffee and stir until sugar dissolves. Top each serving with about 1 1/2 tbl whipped cream (do not stir). Serves 6.
Keep on Cooking!!
Post a Comment