Monday, March 1, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies

I have admitted many times that I'm not a baker... for some reason the only kind of cookies bake and turn out are peanut butter kiss and oatmeal. Here is a recipe with a twist.. I made them with butterscotch chips.. I'm not a huge fan of chocolate (I know I'm weird!)I also brought these to work to butter up my new team... and I think it worked! :)

2 sticks margarine or organic butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 organic eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups Oatmeal
1 cup butterscotch chips (too you can use chocolate chips or raisins too)
(Based on a recipe from Quaker Oats)


When making these I tried out my new Pampered Chef scooper.... I worked great to have nice round balls of dough! (I also used it last Monday to make my meat balls for the pasta)

Keep on Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment