Friday, October 23, 2009

A little out of my element....



Hey there, my week isn't over but a night off to do anything & I cook?? Yes as I have said before I enjoy cooking so much & it helps me relax!

Tonight I tried cooking with something I have never before: Bok Choy. This veggie is primarily cooked with in Asian dishes... it kind of looks like long cabbage & can be found with the fresh veggies. So I thought I would try a new recipe to spice up a fav of ours....

Chicken and bok choy stir-fry
1/4 cup water
2 6oz skinless chicken breast (or cut chicken)
1 full head of bok choy.
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup of any BBQ sauce
4 scallions
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup mushrooms
(I also add zucchini and green or red peppers if I have them)

-Bake chicken @ 350 for 30 mins.
-Chop scallions, carrots, mushrooms and bok choy.
-Mix soy sauce, BBQ sauce and scallions in small bowl.
-Warm large skillet and boil water & bok choy covered for 3-4 mins. Add rest of veggies and cook till tender. Finally pour in chopped cooking chicken and soy/BBQ mixture. Stir, cover till warm and serve.
(serve with rice or lo mien noodles)

(Based on a recipe from realsimple.com/chickensides)

Hubby rating: 8
Keep on cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment