Monday, January 13, 2014

Orzo chicken and spinach soup

Found this recipe on Pinterest and had planned on making it this week anyway...but then it happen, I got sick! yuck I hate being sick!!! I've fought through work last night and it only got worse...so I made this today to help me feel better!

2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 can if diced tomatoes
8 cups water
Scoop of better than bullion
2 cups chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 diced onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
4-6 cups spinach
8 oz orzo
 4 tbl olive oil
 garlic salt and pepper to taste

In a large stockpile to warm olive oil on medium heat. Sauté onion, mushrooms, celery and carrots till tender. Add bullion, water and tomatoes. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins. Finally add spinach and orzo till orzo is fully cooked. Serve with bread or salad.

I'm already feeling better!


No comments:

Post a Comment