Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sloppy Joes & Iced tea

Last night the Wilson's stopped by for our weekly dinner... it has been a while with the holidays so I'm so glad we picked up seeing them again! I made Sloppy Joe Hotdish:
1 1/2 lb ground beef
1 can tomato soup
2 tlbs Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup chopped onion
dash salt/pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 pkg refrigerated biscuits

Warm med skillet on medium. Saute onions with olive oil till tender. Add meat, brown and rise our fat in strainer.
Return to skillet: add soup, water worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and heat will boil. Pour into glass baking dish, top with cheese and then biscuits. Bake for 15 mins @ 400. I served with baked potatoes and steamed veggies!

*Since the new year came The Hubby has stopped drinking soda.... more specific Mountain Dew... that stuff is SO bad for you!! So we have been making different kinds of drinks... one thing we are really into is iced tea. I make it about 2-3 times a week and its SO easy....
6-8 cups cold water
2-3 tea bags... flavor your choice
4-6 slices of fruit... lemons,limes or oranges. (optional, I just use what I have)

Bring water to boil in lrg pot. Pull of burner and drop in tea bags for 15-20 mins. (the longer in the stronger taste) I have been using 2 green tea bags and 1 flavored herbal. Then drop in fruit slices and let sit till cooled to room temp. Pour into pitcher and store in refrigerator. I know this isn't anything new, but we love it!
Take care- DCW

No comments:

Post a Comment