Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Thanksgiving for the record books!

What an amazing year God has blessed us with.... more than ever I feel him working in our lives. A quick note on our year and Thanksgiving....




I really have so much to be thankful for & would like to share:

This little wonder: AC has been such a blessing to our family. His first Thanksgiving was celebrated with both sides of our family... he gobbled us every last bit trying: Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, cranberries, green bean casserole, rolls and even some pumpkin pie!
My mother & family: WOW, this year has been nothing short of amazing for her and we are very thankful for her on her road to recovery....(click to read)

My Men: How thankful I am for these to guys... they are my everything!My friends "2nd family":many are in this picture at a wedding we attended this month. They have been there for me and my family through the good/bad stuff life has thrown us!Couldn't leave without a recipe: I made a different recipe a few years ago and wasn't to happy with the outcome, so I thought I would try it again & I really liked this recipe.


Homemade Cranberry Sauce:

1 cup sugar

3/4 cup water

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 12oz bag of cranberries (fresh or frozen whole)
Orange zest to taste (I added this to recipe and it was a big hit)

*Bring sugar, water and salt to a boil in medium sauce pan. Stir in cranberries, orange zest and simmer for 10-12 mins till bursting and liquid likings. Cool to room temp, then chill to liking and serve!

(Found in my famous family cookbook-thanks Bri)

Keep on Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment