Thursday, July 14, 2011

A page from my cookbook: Carrot Cake

I received this cookbook for Christmas 2 years ago..... anyone want to buy me a gift? Cookbook or serve ware please! haha

I plan to make this cake soon for my mom.... she and I have a great LOVE for carrot cake. I'm planning on hosting "Sunday dinner" for our family this month. Growing up my grandmother Steies would host a monthly "birthday dinner" for the whole family. It was a wonderfully fun tradition and I would like to start if for our family and AC.

Sunday Dinner Carrot Cake:
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon shredded carrots, about 4 medium carrots
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Icing:
1/2 cup (1 stick butter) butter, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar
One 8-oz package cream cheese, soften
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

-Preheat oven to 350. Spray or coat 9 inch baking pan with vegetable oil and dust with flour
-In bowl combine the sugar, eggs and oil. Mix at medium speed with mixer until smooth.
-Shift together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and combine at low speed until smooth. With a spoon, stir in the carrots and walnuts.
-Place the batter in the prepared pan and place in middle rack in oven. Bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on counter top for 15 mins.
To make icing: Beat butter, sugar and cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in the walnuts. Ice cake when it is warm, not hot. Cool in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serves 12-16.
Keep on Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment