Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chicken Salad





YEAH! Off for the next two days & its amazing outside......

today I enjoyed a lunch for "two"... 2 meaning Nugget & I (don't worry I only ate the salad ) But last night we visited some dear friends that just had their 2nd little girl. Ava Nelson was very sweet & of course I didn't take any pictures (not doing so good on my new years res.) either way I brought some chicken salad to share.

Chicken Salad

-Box of elbow mac noodles

-About 2 cup mayo (or Miracle Whip amount to taste)

-1/2 cup chopped onion (used about 1/4 for the Hubby)

-1/2 cup celery, chopped

2 lg cans chicken drained and forked apart, or cooked 1 lb (would make it on the grill next time)

1-2 cups green or red grapes, cut into halves

Cook noodles as directed on box. Chop and mix everything else in large bowl. *I made it the night before and had to add more mayo cause it got kind of dry. I also would drop in some fresh lemon & garnish it with slices.


Today ate some of the leftovers with a pita sandwich.... I have been buying pitas. They are great to dress up a normal sandwich & you can stuff anything in them! Enjoy & Keep on Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment