Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Salsa

Living in Minnie I feel like the only topic talked about is the weather.... well goodbye winter & hello SPRING! I have sprouts in my garden & it should be in the +50s all week! Thankfully I just ended my 7 day straight work week & have ALL day to spend with AC.....I'm in heaven! Last weekend we spend Saturday night with a great mix of friends/family.... of course I forgot my camera, but there were 4 babies under 7 months & a 2 years old! What a circus of little ones... but watch out for this time next year cause they will all be mobile! Either way I brought some homemade salsa.... it was the first time making it & I got the recipe from a co-worker. Spring Salsa: 1 lrg tomato, chopped 1 cup or pkg frozen corn 1 can blk beans 1/2 lrg onion, chopped 1/2 lrg Red pepper 1 small jalapeno 1 Tblsp Olive oil 2 tsps lime juice Salt to taste Cilantro, chopped In small bowl mix lime juice and olive oil. Drain and rinse beans in strainer. Add all ingredients in large bowl and top with dressing mix. (I doubled the recipe, left some there & have enjoyed the rest on tacos & morning eggs this week) *Top with sliced avocado for garnish! Keep on Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment