Friday, October 15, 2010

A new friend when cooking...

Best part of cooking?? The process and then the result....
The part of the process I'm not so crazy about? Chopping...
I picked up this new helper so I will no longer feel the effects of a chopped onion & I can mince them fine enough for the Hubby:

Oxo Good Grips chopper from a favorite store of mine: Bed Bath & Beyond! I used it last night while making some Sloppy Joes for dinner....


1 lb lean ground beef, cooked and drained

1/4 onion, chopped

1/2 cup celery

1/2 can diced tomatoes

1/4 cup pepper, green or red

2 tbs brown sugar1 tbs vinegar

1/4 cup ketcup

1 tbs dash of salt/pepper

Brown beef in med pan and drain. Saute onions and celery until tender. Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 20 mins.
Keep on Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment