Thursday, October 14, 2010

A morning with more than donuts....

Hi there, well I wanted to get in a healthier option for breakfast....
I swear I have ate a donut for breakfast EVERY morning for the last month or TWO! haha I tend to justify it because I do so much running around at work. But a couple months back I had coffee with my dear friend Alicia @ Caribou. We both tried their oatmeal for the first time and I was pretty impressed because it was good..... so last week I was in a pinch and didn't eat enough for breakfast, so I grabbed some oatmeal again with my coffee.
Today I recreated this @ home......
Cranberry/Nut oatmeal: (Personal size)
1/2 cup quick oats or plain dry oatmeal
1 cup hot water or warm milk
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 chopped walnuts
1 tsp brown sugar
*Mix all together & yum.... it was so good I didn't have time to take a pic!!
I am also going to try it with walnuts/bananas tomorrow. Its quick because I used the same water I heat up for my french press in the AM.... quick and I'm sure it has way less sugar than the coffee shop's....ps I still ate this with a donut! :)

*please keep Debbie, the Hubby's aunt, in your thoughts/prayers today... she begins a long 16 weeks of chemotherapy!
Take care & Keep on Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment