Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Macaroni & Cheese...

I don't know what it is but I'm craving pasta... this is really not something new, but as I paged through my BH&Gs mag I found a yummy recipe for mac & cheese.... I'm thinking I might add chicken or eat it with Brats on the grill! I'm so pumped that spring is here.... don't say that too loud or it might snow again. On Sunday the Hubby and I grilled burgers for the first time.. yum I love to grill and I know that means friends/family cookouts and bonfires!

7 oz multi grain or whole wheat rotini pasta
1 1/2 cups broccoli, carrots or green beans chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
4 tsp olive oil
1 2/3 cups fat free milk
1 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
2 oz (about 1/2 cup) Asiago cheese, shredded
1/2 cup crumbled bread crumbs

Heat oven 425. In med saucepan cook pasta to directions on pkg. Add broccoli, carrots and green beans during the last 3 mins of cooking. Drain and return to pan to keep warm
Meanwhile, in large saucepan cook onion in 2 tsp oil olive over med heat for 5 mins. In med bowl whisk together milk and flour until smooth. Add all at once to onion mixture and stir until bubbly. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheeses. Once melted add cooked pasta and stir till coated in cheese.
Transfer pasta mixture into 2 quart casserole dish. In small bowl combine bread crumbs and rest of olive oil, sprinkle on top of pasta and cook, uncovered for 10-15 mins.
(Recipe based on Mac & Cheese in March, Better Homes & Gardens)

Keep on Cooking!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks so yummy! I was craving pasta tonight too!

    amy[www.theprikazskys.com]

    ReplyDelete