Friday, March 12, 2010

Gettin McLinky with my fav Charities....

Kelly from Kelly's Korner is asking "Show us your life- Favorite Charities". So I thought I would make a shout out for mine:
1. Susan G. Komen foundation: I am really passionate about raise money and being active with breast cancer. Not only didn't my great grandmother & BOTH grandmother battle AND beat breast cancer, but I have seen the effects if has had on women around me (my mother just recently lost a friend so keep her family in your prayers). Its truly important to get your mammograms, get checked if you find something you are unsure about & do your self exams once a month. (I know its lame... but it only takes mins or your hubby could help hahaha)




My mom and I have made it tradition to walk the last 5 years in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Mother's Day @ the MOA!


2. SLP Lioness Club: This is a community service program that I have been in for about 4 years. We volunteer time, fund and participate in local charities around our community. I am proud to carry on the traditions of my club & grandmother's honor.









3. Our church: We have been member's @ EagleBrook church for over 2 years... but it wasn't till the last couple months that the hubby and I have been active members including: Feed My Starving Children & sponsoring a child from South Africa. Church have brought us together in ways I'm thankful for and helps fulfill our life.

*I know we all feel like we should or could do more.. but I think focusing on things that you are VERY passionate about is key! I am looking forward to walking in the March of Dimes with the Nixon Family and do more with animal rescue in the next year!

Keep on Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment