Monday, February 22, 2010

FMSC tonight...


After a plate of Julie's spaghetti and meat balls... the Hubby, my father-in-law and I headed to church to pack meals for Feed My Starving Children. With the humbled thoughts in our mind of last week's struggle with little food or food choice we were excited to volunteer our time. FMSC is an organization that feeds malnourished families in Haiti.
Their Vision: With God’s help Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) will strive to eliminate starvation in children throughout the world by helping to instill compassion in people to hear and respond to the cries of those in need.

During out 2 hours the group (about 100 people) packed:
160 boxes of meals....each box holding 210 packs x 6 meals per pack = 33,600 MEALS!!
That is enough food to feed 94 kid for 1 YEAR!!

God is truly helping this organization grow after they dedicated all their work to him in 2003... and he is growing in us to now that we were part of that work tonight!

Also I got my first issue of Better Homes & Garden (An Xmas gift,Thanks Mom!)... some good recipes to come...Keep on Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment