Monday, January 4, 2010

Italian meatloaf for the meat lover in my home....

If any of you know my hubby, then you know his love for meat.... eating meat... wait this isn't sounding so great. Anyway, if he had a choice for dinner he would rotate steak, hamburgers or bacon/sausage/hamburger/peperoni pizza for dinner every night.

Found this recipe online I think......
1 pound beef
1 4oz can or 1 cup fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup & 2 tbls bread crumbs
1 egg
4 bacon strips
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tea Basil
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 onion, chopped
1 cup mozz cheese
1 8oz can tomato sauce

Pre-heat oven to 375

-Drain mushroom juice in cup & add water to = 1 cup liquid. ( fresh mushrooms use water)
-Fry bacon, drain and crumble (quick tip: you can use bacon bits)

Combine beef, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, egg, mushroom juice, mushrooms, garlic and salt - form in 8x12 inch rectangle. Then top with parsley, basil, 2 tbs breadcrumbs, bacon, onion and cheese. Finally roll meat into a 8 inch wide loaf.

Bake for 60 mins. Pour tomato sauce over and then cook for additional 15 mins. Let cool and serve!

*Check back tomorrow, I'll be doing my 1st ever give away!!!

Keep on Cooking!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good!! I should try that...we love meatloaf!!

    A giveaway??!! Look at you!! I hope it has something to do with cooking... :) ha!

    ReplyDelete