Thursday, December 3, 2009

Those cookies are not for a rookie....


Now Ive been very honest with you all about not being a baker... well it came in full force while I wasted 2 1/2 hours of my morning off trying to make the spritz cookies recipe posted monday.
Tip: cooling the dough is a good idea... over night? Not so much.. I got up this morning ready to bake and the dough was ROCK HARD!! Even a couple sec in the mico. didn't help... so I sadly ... after MUCH trying... I had to throw it away! (tear)
Now I know that might have been the problem , so don't totally disregard that recipe please....

But that is just where it started...... next up junk cookie gun or operator error?? I could go for about 2-3 pressed cookies and then the top would pull apart! Could this be why we found 4 cookie presses in my grandmother's kitchen? Or the fact that this press was made in 50s?? Well, grandma I feel your pain.

Finally I whipped up a different recipe that was on the box and I'll share that with you...good luck!

1 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 sifted all-pur flour
1/4 tea salt
1/2 tea baking powder

-cream shortening until soft.
-Add sugar gradually, continuing to cream until light.
-Add egg and vanilla, beat.
-Shift flour, salt, baking powder together, add in other ingred., beat well.
-Chill dough 10 MINS!!! (NOT over night! ha ha)


Keep on Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment