Monday, December 14, 2009

Dinner & a movie.....

After fighting traffic and the cold... yea winter is here and it's 8 degrees in MN!(there I go talking about the weather again)But after a long day at work I picked up a movie and looked forward to what I had made in the crock before work this morning:

Crock Pot Roast & Couscous
1 pkg of pre cooked pot roast with juices
1 cup chopped onion
1 chopped pepper, red or green
1 cup fresh chopped mushrooms
1 cup beef broth
2 tbs olive oil
1 box of couscous
1 1/4 cup chicken broth (or water, that's what the box calls for)
1 tbs butter
fresh chopped cilantro

Cook onions, pepper and mushrooms with olive oil on med heat till tender. Pour in beef broth and simmer for 5 mins. Mix into crock with pot roast and warm on low to warming heat. (this could be served immediately by adding meat into skillet, no broth and cook for 5-10 more mins.)

Heat 1 1/4 cup and seasoning packet in couscous box till boiling. Reduce heat, stir in couscous and remove from heat. Cover and let sit for 5 mins. Top with butter and stir after melted.

Spoon onto plate,add pot roast mixture, top with cilantro and enjoy!
Hubby rating:8

What movie am I watching 2night? I could find some blogging inspiration....Julie & Julia

Did you see this?? What did you think??
I'll let you know what I thought tomorrow.....Keep on Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment