Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Alicia's Granola bars

Wow..it's been a month! Not a ton of blogging about cooking cause baby J has chosen dinner time to be cranky time! Haha it's the only hour or two of the day he refuses to be put down....so I guess I really won't complain!
Either way my dear friend Alicia brought these amazing homemade granola bars during the first week of my leave...so yummy, they only lasted two days!!

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbl cooking oil
3 1/2 cups quick or old fashion oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup mini choc chips, optional
1/3 cup raisins, optional
 Mix all ingredients together evenly. Line a 9x13 glass baking dish with parchment paper and press mixture flat evenly. Bake 12-15 mins at 350. Let cool completely before cutting or breaking apart.

I made these as prep to head back to work next week...mixed emotions here. I've SO enjoyed my summer with my boys...but guess its time to get back to the grind!
Enjoy!
Take care- DCW




No comments:

Post a Comment