Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chicken Stir-fry

Thinking that I might be in a cooking rut I decided to try some new things when going grocery shopping yesterday....
One thing I picked up was Gold'n Plump Pre-seasoned chicken breast (plus they were buy one get one free! haha). I got the lemon pepper and we grilled it up tonight with our stir fry:

2 chicken breast, grilled


1/2 red & yellow pepper, sliced


1 cup of each: fresh broccoli, mushrooms, onion (garden fresh haha, about the only thing my garden produced this year) summer squash. Sliced


Warm med-large wok or pan with 3-4 tbs olive oil. Throw in all veggie and cook until tender. Top with 1/2-1 tbs peanut oil and soy sauce. Add chicken and cook till warm. Cook white or brown rice and top with veggies/chicken!


*Tonight (Nugget was in bed) I was in the dinning room enjoying my dinner.... the Hubby asked if I wanted to eat in the living room so we could watch TV.... I responded, "No, I would like to slowly enjoy my food and have some me time!" Then I thought for a minute... Dinner is now me time??? OH my goodness yuck, I'm SO a MOM!!! hahaha


Keep on Cooking!!

1 comment:

  1. ohh that looks so good friend! We were on a stir fry kick and I think I might have to pick it up again!

    I think ill have to get the chicken, I lOVE BOGO :)

    Okay enjoy your friday friend! I usually dont eat until Kal is in bed and do like to enjoy that time :)

    ReplyDelete