Thursday, June 16, 2011

A page from my cookbook.....

So there is this thing about motherhood: you go into it thinking its not going to change your everyday happenings or likes. Well at least that was my stubborn thought. Well all, its not totally true!

Now I hope you all know I LOVE motherhood (most of the time haha right?) and I run home every night after work (or drive real fast) to get home to my little Nugget! And to be honest something that has changed is my time, effort and want to spend more time in the kitchen than I have to.... the menu might be getting a little quick, easy and routine.

So I thought I would try something new once a week.... Im going to pull out a cookbook, open it and blog about the first recipe I see. I might be cooking it that week/night & I might not.... but this way I thought I can still mix it up & hope that if any of you out there do make that recipe you can share too how it turns out!
So here we go..............



Cookbook: Incredibly Easy Italian (Gift from my SIL Tonya)
Tomato-Fresh Mozzarella Salad

Vinaigrette Dressing (recipe to follow)

1 lb fresh mozzarella
1 lb ripe tomatoes
Fresh whole basil leaves
Salt and Black pepper

*Greek olives, halved (My addition, I had some one a salad this week and they are amazing!!)

Prepare dressing. Cut mozzarella & tomatoes into slices. Alternate mozz., tomatoes and basil leaves overlapping on a plate. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with salt/pepper. *I would chill before serving.




Vinaigrette Dressing

1 tablespoon balsamic or wine vinegar

1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Pinch of salt, blk pepper and sugar

1/4 cup olive oil

Whisk together until smooth. Refrigerate till ready to use.


I mean really how could you have motivation to do anything with this guy @ home to hang out with......
PS- A quick shout out to my friend from work EO... I heard this week she checks out the blog sometimes! I LOVE her....

Keep on Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment