Thursday, March 3, 2011

Steak strips with mushroom gravy

Less than 2 weeks left of my leave...... I have mix feelings about that. I met up with some ladies from work on Monday night for dinner. (I NEED to take more pictures) I miss them all so much & am looking forward to working with them again! I will be honestly missing my snuggle time with my little man, but I know that we will be have time on my days off.
Either way I'm cooking more again & want to share what I'm cooking tonight:

2 cups uncooked egg noodles
Olive oil
1 pound top sirloin steak, cut into 3/4 inch strips
1 tbls butter
2 tbls finely chopped shallots
1 8oz pkg of mushrooms, sliced
1 tea minced garlic
1 tbls low-sodium soy sauce
3 tbls all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 tea blk pepper
1/4 tea salt
3 fresh thyme sprigs

Cook noodles and drain. While noodles are cooking in lrg skillet warm olive oil over med heat. Add steak, saute for 5 mins and remove from pan. (or grill) Melt butter in pan over med-high heat. Add shallots and mushrooms; saute for 4 mins. Add garlic; saute for 30 sec. Stir in soy sauce and sprinkle flour over mixture. Cook for 1 min and gradually add broth while stirring constantly. Add pepper, salt and thyme. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 mins until thickened. Return beef to pan and cook until warmed. Toss noodles in mushroom mixture and serve.
Keep on Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment