Sunday, September 12, 2010

Crock pot roast.... a hubby fav

Hey there... fall is here and so is FOOTBALL!! If you know ANything about my family, we love some VIKINGS football!! I think many others know it too..... All the "Vikings" Baby gifts we have gotten so far......
Crock Pot Roast (I think the Hubby asks for this weekly)
1 Beef chuck roast (whatever lbs you need, I would ask from 6-8)
1 pkg of Lipton beef onion mix
1 can of beef broth (about 2 cups)
1 cup water
2 cups chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups chopped celery
3-4 red potatoes, cut into quarters
*Pour water into crock and set meat inside. Mix onion mix and broth in bowl. Pile all veggies around meat and pour onion mix over all. Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours. Each crock varies so keep an eye on it the first time. It doesn't seem like much water, but all the liquid from the veggies will drain into meat. Roast is done when the meat falls apart!
Keep on Cooking!!

1 comment:

  1. Love all of the Vikings baby things!!! So much fun :) Baby Working will definitely be showing team spirit!!

    I could eat pot roast every week! I might have to make it this week...I usually only make it in the fall/winter so it has been awhile!

    Have a great week girl, love you!

    ReplyDelete