Monday, June 14, 2010

Leading a hand with soup.....

Tonight we had our annual Spring Dinner @ the Osborne Apt. My Lioness club volunteers at an elderly apt complex. The residents are so much fun and very gracious. Many of them knew my grandmother and its warms my heart that I can serve as she did there! :)
Anyways- we served salad and soups.... here is the soup I brought and it was a hit!

Chicken Noodle Soup:
1 lb chicken breasts
7 cups of water1 can cream of chicken soup
6 Chicken Bouillon cubes
1 cup of chopped celery
1 cup of chopped carrots
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp of garlic
4 cups of cooked noodles
Cook chicken breasts for 30 mins at 350. Chop veggies. Pour water into crockpot of add bouillon cubes, stir till dissolves. Add chicken soup, celery, carrots, salt and garlic. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4. Cook noodles separately and add before eating.(based on CrockPot cook book that came with mine. I doubled the recipe and it was served as one of 3 soups for 32 people... there was non left!)

Keep On Cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment