Thursday, January 28, 2010

Home sick with a bowl of soup....


Hi there, stayed home from work today.... could it still be the depression of my store closing and that I don't feel much like the boss anymore? Or maybe the 2 con calls I had to be on this week where none if it really applied to me?!! ha ha Sorry I needed to vent for a sec.... but I'm REALLY trying to stay a "team player"!
Either way you look @ it I was not feeling well today...sore throat, tired and just not myself.... so what do I do after a lazy couch potato day???

*Cook of course....
Broccoli Cheese Soup:
4 Tbs butter
6 Tbs chopped onion
3 cups water
3 chicken bouillon cubes
3 large potatoes
¼ tsp salt
3 cups of broccoli, chopped (frozen)
½ tsp garlic
3 cups milk
1 lb Velveeta cheese (cut into thick slices)
Saute onions in butter until tender. Add water and bouillon cubes, boil until dissolved. Add potatoes and salt. Cook potatoes until soft and able to mash. Mash well and add broccoli, garlic and milk. Cook until warm and add Velveeta; stir till melted. *Really yummy with a turkey melt sandwich on oatmeal bread*

Hubby rating: Good 7+
Looking forward to a BETTER day 2morrow! :)
Keep on Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment