Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Welcome friends.....


Well, here I go... I wanted to share some of my passion for cooking with whoever will "listen" or read I guess.....Kicking off this site I would like to share a recipe I just cooked tonight....

The weather is MN is getting colder... so lets not just bring out the casserole dishes, but the pot pies too......

Easy Pot Pie (from Food Network's Paula Deen):

What you will need....
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can
cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken
broth
Salt and pepper, optional
1 1/2 cups instant
biscuit mix
1 cup
milk
1 stick melted butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a greased 2-quart casserole, layer the chicken, eggs, carrots, and peas. Mix the soup, chicken broth, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour over the layers. Stir together the biscuit mix and milk, and pour this over the casserole. Drizzle butter over the topping. Bake until the topping is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.


This turned out AMAZING.... I only used about 1/4 of butter.
Hubby rating: 8

Keep on cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment